Someone somewhere needs to win the lottery soon so that they can buy me this Olympia Le-Tan for Christmas.
It looks like a book but is in fact a bag. Genius, eh? Plus Catcher in the Rye’s always been one of my favourite books, even though I only read it because I wanted to appear a precocious teenager.
I’m fond of 1984 too so if anyone would like to supply me with this, it wouldn't go amiss as a suitable Christmas present.
There’s something about touting your (self-believed) intellect in your sartorial choices, it’s simultaneously both nauseating and charming.
Natalie Portman’s got the Lolita version, which I’ve also taken a liking to. I’ve never read Lolita so probably shouldn’t covet the bag too much. I imagine if (in an alternate universe where I was rich/ a film star) I managed to own it, I’d get know-it-alls everywhere snootily asking my opinion on the novel. I think this as a vainglorious girl myself who would relish trying to trip Natalie Portman up in this way. Yes I'm a terrible and crap person.
Rather than making me want to read Lolita though, the bag’s made me want to take up embroidery so I can make an appliqué version of that Valley of The Dolls cover I recently posted. Or plan to rob a local shop so that I can afford the £895 price tag that's on the Olympia Le-Tan.
Effort. I should just buy a book instead and carry it around, pretending it's a bag.



No comments:
Post a Comment